#SpeakUnity. An Art, Design and Photography Contest.
Today we are faced with a lot of differences; political, spiritual, racial, tribal, Ideological, name it. Amazingly this is in the church of Christ; Church against Church is no more a surprise. Gospel music ministers competing against one another. Labelling, accusing and demonising one another in church. I hear some are for the grace of God, I wonder where the rest belong. We continue to fight one another forgetting that we belong to one kingdom, one army with the same enemy to fight.
Jesus saw this coming and prayed for us “Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me…” John 17:20-21
WeMix and Mumaaso Awo are giving you a chance to ‘speak unity’ using your skill of Art, Design and Photography. Creatively speak unity in these missing gaps.
- The winning art work will be featured on t-shirts, caps, wrist bands and posters that will be on sale to the public for the whole year.
- Advertising space to show case your business/works on www.wemixent.com for a period of 1 month.
We will consider the following in shortlisting our entries;
Your piece of art, photography or graphics should appeal to the local man. Remember we are speaking Unity to our communities, we must speak a language that they will understand otherwise we will hit a miss.
All entry artworks must be original composition entrant, only inspired by our theme “Speak Unity.” Copied or edited submissions shall not be allowed.
We will also shortlist artworks that are creative, emotionally powerful, visionary and have great visual impact.
We will accept all artworks in JPG or PNG high resolution.
How to enter
Upload your artwork to a picture sharing website as Google drive, Picasa or any of your choice. Then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full name
- Facebook or twitter account name
- Contact details (physical address, mobile or landline telephone numbers)
- The URL link to the file-sharing site where you have uploaded your artwork.
- Please bear in mind that if you fail to give us all the information we have requested, or the URL you send to us is broken, your entry will be considered invalid.
- So before sending the email please check that you’ve included all the details and that the URL link is working properly.
- Only one submission is accepted.
- Voting will happen on the contest app on our facebook page www.facebook.com/wemixent. We will consider artworks with many votes.
- A percentage of 50% will be proportioned to the public and the other 50% to our judges.
- Voting will happen on our facebook page (www.facebook.com/wemixent) only.
- All artworks should be submitted by 1st March midnight.
- We will upload Submitted artworks to our social media accounts for public viewing on 3rd March.
- Voting dates will be communicated.
We wish you luck as you #SpeakUnity.